I Made a Hat
The past few months have seen me spending weekends working on a new knitting project, and I finished it last weekend. I finally got it blocked and ready for pictures this week. I present: a green hat.
This was several firsts: first time using a pattern, first time using double pointed needles and circulars, first time decreasing. There’s at least 2 little mistakes in there, but I’m not sure I can find them again. I’m pretty proud of how it turned out.
The pattern was a free one I got on Ravelry, My Baker’s Hat by Emily Russell. The yarn is Knit Picks Wool of the Andes in Worsted Heather. Needles were US size 6, starting on circulars and moving to double pointed once it got crowded.
I haven’t decided if it’s a practice hat or good enough to give away as a gift. My next project is another hat, and then some socks. Maybe I’ll make one of Emily’s patterns soon, too.