I Made Some Socks (in Connecticut)

Since I last posted, I’ve been working on a pair of socks. I started in May, and finished the first one in July. 5 months later, I have finally finished the second one.

Part of the reason it took so long to finish, and that I didn’t post anything for months, is that we moved to Connecticut in September. It’s a little weird having so many neighbors, and I’m not sure how we’ll do with a lot of snow, but we’re feeling really good about being here.

Anyway, socks. I used a pattern that Emily wrote, Wool-Ease Basic Socks. It’s one of her first patterns. I am pretty sure I did the typesetting for it originally, in LaTeX. The sizes are for her feet and my feet, so I didn’t have to do any extra math.

I used some very cheap Wool-Ease I got on sale, since I wasn’t sure how it would go. I’m really happy with how they turned out, and I will definitely be making more. Working on double-pointed needles feels very comfortable, and I like that they’re easy to pick up and do a little bit of work on.

I’m not sure what’s next. Maybe another hat, or more socks, or possibly a small throw blanket with more pattern work. Hopefully it won’t take 7 months to finish!

view on Ravelry